Saturday, May 5, 2012

We need to talk about Edeyn

So, there's this person on Ravelry called Edeyn. She posts a lot of "poor me, I'm so hard done by, I have so many troubles" type posts. They always seem to attract some sympathy, but also a small number of disagrees, and I was never too sure why.

Until a few days ago, when a little incident happened in a thread. It seemed to go unnoticed for a while, and then everything happened so quickly it was hard to keep up. It started in this thread 

Unfortunately, a lot of it has been deleted now, so I've had to reconstruct a lot of it with a little help from my friends and their screenshots.

Firstly, this happened:


To get the relevant back story, you'll need to click on this link  and read through a couple of links. You'll get the idea pretty quickly. Basically, Edeyn posed as a transkid called "Raychel Roo" and then faked her own horrible murder, to the great distress of the trans community. I'm not a part of this community, but the feeling I get from reading through some of the stuff is that she upset a lot of people with her antics. She eventually owned up, and blamed her actions on having multiple personality disorder.

Now she's on Ravelry, still seeking sympathy and attention, and really pissing off the people who know her backstory. Which lead to the above calling out.

This is where the fun REALLY began. Edeyn called in a friend/sockpuppet/third personality to defend her. A "MsDB", who created a profile hours after Edeyn was called out and headed straight for Wingnut Watch.

Here she is:

Apparently "MsDB" was so keen to defend Edeyn, she sent the Wingnut Watch mod shown above a barrage of messages containing her phone number, facebook page, links to her blog etc all to "prove" that she's a real person, demanding that said mod call her, and still defending Edeyn.  At this point the mod wussed out and deleted the lot (won't somebody think of the rubbernecking potential?)

For anyone who's interested, I was provided the following links:

MsDB's Facebook page

Her blog

Enjoy as you see fit.

So what should the people of Ravelry do about a person who has serious problems, and will unleash the crazy whenever anyone who calls her out? She obviously needs help, but no one on Ravelry can (or should) be the ones to provide that to her. She clearly revels in getting attention and causing dramas, and is happy to do or say anything to ramp it up.

I say, don't give her what she wants. She wants attention? Don't give it to her. She wants drama? Deny her the fun. Ravelry has the tools to put her on ignore. If we starve of her of what she wants, maybe she'll go away.

19 comments:

  1. Clicking your "agree" button on ignoring the drama llama. She's pathetic, and it doesn't help her to play into her drama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You seemed to have upset your favorite stalker by not giving her the attention this time. Makes it so hard for her to send the internet policeman after you.

    Here she has written a whole post about what she is doing and what you can do about. Still no love from you on your blog. Poor thing. She may have to get really crazy to win back your love. Oh, wait she is already about as crazy as they get.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for writing this. I've now set her on "ignore," but her long-winded, overly detailed tales of woe (particularly on LSG) always rubbed me the wrong way. I'm glad to know my intuition was right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read LSG group I Just Got Chased Home From Work thread. Hard to know if this is real or not. You decide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't believe it for a minute. Like I said elsewhere, she's a damn dirty liar. She kind of angled for money in the chat room later on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't believe it either and wish others would quit feeding her need.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She died (for real) a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bye the bye, this popped up on my facebook feed today.
    http://lidibaas.wix.com/edeyn-scholarship

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, FFS, I knew the other send-me-money shoe would drop sooner or later.

      Delete
    2. why are you people so bitter and twisted. learn to forgive and let things be. I am real, Edeyn was real she made a mistake I am so grief stricken and this has shaken me to my core harsh harsh harsh.

      Delete
  10. Lisa Baas shared a link.
    15 minutes ago
    http://thebitchyknitter.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/we-need-to-talk-about-edeyn.html?showComment=1369008251500#c371367738656638839
    The Bitchy Knitter: We need to talk about Edeyn
    thebitchyknitter.blogspot.com.au
    Clicking your "agree" button on ignoring the drama llama. She's pathetic, and it doesn't help her to play into her drama.
    Like · · Promote · Share

    Lisa Baas I have no clue if thebitchyknitter http://thebitchyknitter.blogspot.com.au/ can actually knit but as she is a self proclaimed bitch on her blog. Then I guess I can't really expect any compassion or empathy can I, so am probably barking up the wrong tree here. but I needed to offload my pain and facebook has been good to me since Edeyn died... Talk about keeping people down when they fail or make a mistake (edeyn). or laying the boot in when they're down (me). May I just have some, even a little peace while I grieve bitchyknitter. She must be in so much pain to target people and attempt to incite rage, not to mention about something that happened years ago and Edeyn never forgave herself. She was terribly alone before I met her and simply invented a world of which when challenged by me she decided to kill off the "other' personalities that represented her pain... It was part of her healing & perhaps muddled and a very silly mistake of which i am certain bitchyknitter has probably made a few herself. I am sorry you feel the need to lash out at someone you obviously do not even know because you feel hurt, angry, betrayed, etc etc etc. Get over it though, seek some counseling, it has been long enough. You need to move on from this otherwise you may well be eaten up by it.. Now, it's been not much more than 3 months since Edeyn died, I am still raw. I am however trying my hardest to honour the beauty in this woman. I now have to deal with accusations that my memorial scholarship is fake... Geez, It is my money donated and the only other people that have donated are my two besties and another good friend from Canberra

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edeyn is dead! What kind of a sick and twisted person are you ?! Really!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's a Rubbernecker. It's what gets them off.

      Delete
  12. Lisa Baas, I'd like to be known from this point forward as thekindcrocheter

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://www.ravelry.com/people/Lisacub

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I wrote this blog post over a year ago. Why are you commenting on it now? If it upsets you, feel free to not read it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are also publishing personal information that was given it to the moderaters in a CLOSED forum! You aren't a bitch, you are just a gigantic ASSHOLE!

    ReplyDelete